posted 17th February, 2012 under Trends & Travel Exposed.
My feet wrapped in Milky Foot
I am really lazy when it comes to my feet. Don’t get me wrong, I LOVE pedicures; in fact, they are probably my number one favourite beauty treatment. But, on the whole- lack of time and lack of funds, generally means my beauty regime is relegated to a good quality cleanser and moisturiser. My desire to look good and feel good is in distinct contrast to my desire to invest in such luxuries. This is why my feet are often in a state of disrepair. This – coming from a girl who became so desperate to fix her cracked heels she invested in that cream you see all the ads for in Chemist windows – only to have her boyfriend chuck it out as it reminded him of his Grandma. Awesome.
Continue reading I Dabbled in the Wonders of Milky Foot »
posted 9th January, 2012 under Food for Thought,Trends & Travel Exposed.
They say procrastination is the thief of time and that would certainly explain where 2011 disappeared to.
It’d dishonest of me to suggest that I‘m not a committed procrastinator; but as a full time jack-of-all trade’s woman; my life is a finely honed juggling act and procrastination is the devil that can have it crashing down on my head.
Continue reading Procrastination Robs your Health? »
posted 9th December, 2011 under Trends & Travel Exposed.
I think we are all unanimous in the fact that shopping for anyone now days is just too hard, especially when we really do have it all. Yes, maybe the million dollar mansion, luxury car and yearly overseas adventures aren’t a reality, but in all honesty, most of us, live a very blessed and privileged life. This makes Christmas shopping all that much more of a head ache as noted by the frequent discussions here about what to get whom this Christmas.
As a result, we here at Femme Files have taken upon us, the arduous task of road-testing a few simple and effective products that will brighten someone specials Christmas day. And yes, these were individually chosen by us, no endorsements here…
- Straightening Iron Travel Fold from Victoria and Maude – save on the energy consumption and purchase something locally made. This gorgeous range of luxury travel accessories includes a Straightening Iron Travel Fold made in Sydney from beautiful leather. The Girls and I went gaga over this baby; and did I keep on getting compliments every time I whipped out this baby in the change room? You bet.
- In keeping with local made, we logged onto Young Republic’s homepage, a website dedicated to up and coming Australian designers. It is here that we stumbled across these gorgeous vintage Tampon cases, under the name Tampurse. No more mice scattering around your bag’s internals or worse yet, cascading across the office floor (yes, it has happened). Who would’ve thought tampons could be designer chic?
- In the search for truly nourishing food, I do believe this is a cookbook where I could quite gladly invest time in EVERY recipe rather than a select few. Lee Holmes’s debut cook book “Super Charged Food” is full to the brim of Gluten, Sugar and Dairy Free delights so you can cater even to the most delicate palate…including your own! Think Roast Pumpkin Chips, Quinoa Risotto and heavenly Butternut Biscuits to name but a few.
- If Miranda Kerr does it, so do we! Given her penchant for Rose Hip Oil, why not invest in a precious vile of the stuff for a friend? This oil does wonders for the delicate skin around the eye and therefore perfect for the woman on the go, particularly because a little goes a long way. If you are after quality we recommend Trilogy’s Rose Hip Oil Range.
- The whole DIY theme for Christmas is inspirational really, but frankly, I suck at trying to re-create the Nativity with a series of lovingly baked shortbread biscuits…and don’t get me started on my inability to create a handmade card. I was never one to cut in a straight line. That being said there are a few things that can be prepared lovingly without the need for a Master in Fine Arts. A beautiful box of Organic Produce, selected with careful detail by yours truly requires little talent (ergo shove it all in a box with a ribbon) and speaks volumes about the time you invested in thinking about a friend.
- Safe Self Tan? Get a beautiful tan without the nasty chemicals and once again go local with Eco Tan. Devised by two Australian sisters who had a cancer scare, the pair wanted a product that gave a flawless tan without the scary synthetics associated with other fake tans. Not only are they Australian Made and owned but Eco Tan is the first Certified Organic Fake Tan on the market. With Chocolate as one of its main ingredients, you will also smell sweetly divine!
Anyone else have any fabulously original ideas? This weekend is Christmas shopping and we need answers!
posted 4th November, 2011 under Trends & Travel Exposed.
I want to talk to you about Butter.
Not the kind you spread prior to the layer of vegemite on your toast, but the stuff you sink your nails into.
Continue reading Butter Up! »